Vision and Mission
Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others, and
The Mission is great to do what you love but greater with the great team.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education & Sports Sciences should be known in India
& abroad for its excellence in producing competent Physical Education Teachers(DPEs &
PETs),Fitness Counselors(FCs),Health Promoters(HPs) & Promoters of GAMES & SPORTS.
By 2014, IGIPESS should have the best programs of teaching & research in Physical
Education & Sports in the country.
- Starting of Refresher Courses/Orientation program by 2014 (along with requisite infrastructure).
- Starting of Distance Education by multimedia like Dus Kadams program by 2014 (along with necessary infrastructure development).
- Starting of Fitness, Exercise Food Prescription Center by 2014 by creating requisite infrastructure.
- Setting of Courses updating centers and Application of Existing Knowledge Center by 2014 by creating requisite infrastructure.
- Production of best teachers in Physical Education & Sports Sciences.
- Starting of Research Journal through Department of Physical Education & Sports Sciences of the University of Delhi.
- Conduct of Utilitarian Research for the promotion of Health, Fitness, Wellness and Sports Sciences.
THE INSTITUTE'S MOTTO
Physical education for healthful living and promotion of sports.
MAIN GOALS OF I.G.I.P.E.S.S.
- Conduct of Self Financing Certificate Courses.
- Introduction of Self-Financing Add-on Courses.
- Conduct of M.Phil. course on Regular Basis.
- Starting of Part-Time M.Phil for Employed Teachers (Summer Courses)
- Introduction of Certificate Courses in Popular areas like Wellness, Health & Fitness, Management, Sports Journalism etc.
- Updating of Courses on Regular Basis.
- Introduction of scientific Methods of Talent Selection for Sports & Fitness Excellence.
- Preparing Norms & Standards of Health, Fitness & sports Excellence.
- Introduction of Fitness Competitional Procedures.
- Procurement of most relevant books for the library (for helping to locate best national and international books available for each paper of various courses).